In our U3A we have many people willing to help out when needed. So we need someone to form and maintain a list of member volunteers and to connect the right person for the situation at hand.
A volunteer could be required to assist with such things as:
- Driving members to doctor’s appointments or hospital anywhere between Seymour and Epping or just locally.
- Providing a hot meal or hot water in the case of prolonged power outages.
- Much needed company for an hour or two.
- A friendly ear on the end of the phone.
- Escorting a member on the train.
- Assisting with emergency shopping for groceries or medication.
- Walking a member’s dog while the member is incapacitated.
- Watering a member’s garden while they are in hospital or away.
If you are willing to co-ordinate the list, or be a volunteer, please let someone on the committee know or email email@example.com. It would be great to get this service up and running again.
Thank you in anticipation.